CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Leaf Man


Earlier this week, we went on a leaf hunt to gather leaves for our project to be completed on Friday.  Before beginning our leaf project, I read the story Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert.  On each page there are objects and animals made out of leaves.  It was really fun to try and find what was hiding in the leaves on each of the pages.

After reading the story, my students then were to create their own leaf man or animals using the leaves we collected.  Most of them chose to make a leaf man, but I did have two decide to make animals.  Here are some of their creations:








I thought they all turned out really cute and they really got creative adding eyes, ears, and even a hat on the last one pictured.  I put them all in page protectors (in case any of the leaves fall off as they're only taped on) before putting them on display in the hall.  This project will be on my to do list every fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment